Friday, October 16, 2015

Pierce at 9 Months

So I have been putting off writing.  Partly, because I had lost Pierce's measurements from his last doctor's appointments and due to life just been busy.  Pierce got sick, I started a new job, and Russ is back in school.  We have a full, busy life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Pierce's 9 month appointment turned into a sick visit!  We had started back to church and started him in The Little Gym, so I figured it would happen soon.  He got cold symptoms like congestion and sneezing Monday morning and then by that evening he started running a fever.  His fever got high through the night and by Tuesday, I was very thankful we had a doctor's appointment scheduled.  I figured it was viral but wanted to be sure.  The doctor's appointment started out great.  He was happy as could be, but then they had to get a strep and flu test.  That caused him to get really upset, which caused Stephanie (pediatrician) to want to get blood just to be safe.  I dreaded it, but knew this was one of those times as a parent where I would need to do what was best for Pierce rather than what he wanted.  I know I will have to do that a lot as he grows, but it doesn't make it any less difficult.  I was at the appointment by myself and by the time we were done I was covered in sweat, snot, and tears.  Poor baby.  Luckily everything came back negative and Stephanie even called and checked on him that evening.  We ended up giving him children's Zyrtec (per doctor's orders) for a week to help with his bad congestion so he could sleep at night.  I also got a Young Living Essential Oil diffuser and that seemed to help him as well.  

Pierce's 9 month measurements:
Head: 47 in
Weight: 23 lbs 2oz 85%
Height:  28 1/2 in 70%

Stephanie was impressed with how well Pierce is doing.  She was especially proud that he could drink out of a sippy cup on his own.  My little baby is now a big boy.  It is bitter sweet.





Development

Well, when Pierce turned 9 months, he took off.  He started taking steps that day and can now walk around the house without assistance.  He still may fall any second though, so we stay close by.  He has also learned to do an army crawl on the floor.  It basically consists of lunging forward on his belly and grunting. haha.  He would much rather walk and I can't say I blame him.  He still can't feed himself, but loves to drink out of his sippy.  He loves to spit the water out and make a big, wet mess.  He is still saying mama and uh oh.  He can wave, kiss, and loves to clap about everything.  

Eat

Breastfeeding is still going well.  I haven't needed to use formula so far and he mostly nurses, rather than taking a bottle.  It is about the only time I get to cuddle him, since he is such an active little boy now.  He is eating everything (well except eggs and peanut butter, of course).  Sweet potatoes are the best, but he really isn't that much of a picky eater.  He has started preferring bites to puree even though there still aren't any teeth to help chew it up with.  

Sleep

Sleep is still going great.  He is definitely on a schedule of sleeping from 7 pm to 7 am and then napping at 10 and 2.  He takes an hour to 2 hour nap.  He is doing better at letting me rock him to sleep.  I know that may be a bad habit to start, but I've never really gotten to just hold him while he sleeps, and there is just nothing like him going to sleep in my arms.  When I can tell that rocking is not an option then I just lie him down in his crib and turn on his little aquarium soother.  He usually will drift on to sleep after that.  We also like to lay in bed and fall asleep watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He absolutely loves that show and Mickey Mouse!  Sometimes he will sleep with us at night, but we usually end up regretting it with baby kicks to the back and wanting to nurse constantly.  He seems to sleep better in his crib and so do we.  :)

Favorites and Dislikes

Favs - blue crochet blanket, NUK pacis, dog blanket lovey, activity table, v-tech sit to stand walker, train toy, balls, bath toys and bath time, nursing, sleeping in his rock-n-play, eating, going outside, clapping, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 
Dislikes - some strangers (especially ones with beards), the church nursery, having his face cleaned, falling when trying to walk

Mommy's 9 Month Letter to Pierce:

Another month has come and gone, and my love for you has grown deeper and stronger.  Mommy and Daddy thank God for you everyday because you are the light of our lives.  I can't even remember what we did before you were here.  I love spending time with you and seeing you smile.  I love how you tense up and shake all over when you get excited about something.  You have started giving me all kinds of slobbery kisses lately and it melts me.  You are growing into such a handsome little boy.  I just sit and stare in awe of how perfect you are.  As a little girl, I imagined what my little baby would look like someday.  You are everything I ever dreamed of and more.  You even have blonde hair now that I always secretly hoped you'd get.  Your eyes are dark brown, but sometimes can look green too.  You have your daddy's long eyelashes and your cheeks are so chubby and perfect for kissing on.  You are headstrong but so sweet too.  You are such a miracle and I never knew how wonderful being your mommy could be.  I want you to know how wanted and loved you are and how much God loves you.  Thank you for being you and filling my life with so much joy.  


XOXO
LOVE,

Mommy






















See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment